About the course
This course combines initial verification and commissioning and periodic inspection, testing and condition reporting of both single and three phase electrical installations. The awards follow BS 7671 and the industry recognised IET (IEE) Guidance Note 3; and the Electrical Safely Council's Best Practice Guides.
This awards give an opportunity for individuals to develop and/or enhance their knowledge and skills in the inspection and testing of single and three phase low voltage electrical installations.
This award is for experienced personnel working in the electrical industry. The course is intended to ensure that candidates are conversant with the format, contents and application of the current edition of the Requirements for Electrical Installations.
This qualification has been developed to satisfy the requirements for Proposed Qualified Supervisors (PQSs) for various scheme operatives to ensure they are conversant with the requirements of BS 7671 for inspection, testing and certification of electrical installations.
You can choose to focus on designing and installing or inspecting and testing electrical installations. You'll cover things like:
- technical knowledge of the inspection, testing and certification of electrical installations
- the practical application of the inspection, testing and certification of electrical installations
- Initial verification and periodic inspection and testing of electrical installations
- Safe isolation, inspection, safe testing, pre-energised and energised tests; documentation and the practical use of test equipment
- the design of electrical installations
6 days, this includes 4 days training, 2 days exam